Legal Help

Treatment or rehabilitation for an injury can be quite expensive depending on the severity of the injury. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, work-related injury, or even sustaining an injury on someone’s property due to negligence, then you may be able to qualify for coverage for rehabilitation services and other expenses from insurance policies such as the Ontario Car Insurance policies, Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB), and homeowners or personal liability insurance.
These policies are designed to help alleviate the financial burden on victims that require treatments and rehabilitation to get better.
Car Accident Benefits
If you have been involved in a car accident you are likely covered by the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) which is a coverage included in all car insurance policies in Ontario. The Statutory Accident Benefits ensure that those who are involved in an auto accident can get the healthcare and financial support they need to get better.
Some of the benefits provided by the SABS includes:
  • Income replacement
  • Caregiver benefit
  • Medical and rehabilitation benefits
  • Non-earner benefits
  • Attendant care benefits.
  • And more
Regardless of who’s at fault, these benefits are eligible to anyone who was injured in a car accident. These benefits are regulated under the Ontario Insurance Act, and all SABS benefits claims are resolved by the Automobile Accident Benefits Service of Ontario (AABS).
Workplace Injury Benefits
If you have experienced an injury at work, you may be eligible for coverage from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board or other insurance policies which your workplace may have. “WSIB provides no-fault liability insurance and workers’ compensation to Ontario’s workplaces.” This provides employees with coverage in case they are involved in a workplace injury or accident.
Workers covered by the WSIB who are involved in a work-related injury are entitled to benefits such as:
  • Healthcare benefits
  • Benefits for loss-of-income
  • Services for seriously injured people
  • Benefits for non-economic loss
  • Help to return to work
  • And more
Check with your employer to see what coverages you are eligible for in the event of an accident.
If you need assistance with your claim, we can help!
At Complete Care Physio, we do direct billing to insurance companies. We accept all private, extended health insurance, motor vehicle accidents, workplace injury (WSIB), and slip & fall claims. We work with many insurance companies to make the process easier for you so that you can focus on getting better.
Contact us today for a free consultation!